Giving Thanks

Well turkey, baked macaroni, mashed potatoes and other Thanksgiving goodies have all been consumed, and I'm getting ready to sit down to watch some holiday entertainment. Movie of choice: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Before doing so, I wanted to update and express what I'm thankful for this year.

I'm thankful for my husband who's currently dealing with the hoards of shoppers at a department store. I wish I could be spending the evening with him, and hope that he knows I appreciate everything he is and everything he does.

I'm thankful for a family of in-laws who have welcomed me to their table this Thanksgiving - and pretty much every Sunday evening for the past year. I'm grateful for their never ending care and support, and I'm glad that I've gotten to know them so well.

I'm thankful for my family and friends back in Kansas who I miss so much. I don't connect as often as I should, but I hope that they know that I love them dearly. I'm sure I'll spend a great part of this evening reminiscing on the many memories I have with them.

I'm thankful for the wonderful job and the great staff I have at the Oskaloosa Public Library. My first year proved to be challenging and stressful, but also rewarding beyond measure. I'm grateful that I was given this opportunity to serve the community and broaden my skills as a librarian.

I'm also thankful for you - dear reader - who ever you are. I hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether it be with family and friends or just with a feline companion or a book or a movie. Take care!

Comments